Here's a quick anecdote from my day. I went to the movies with Annie and Carrie (Annie being my new roommate and Carrie being my new friend). We went to what I'm fairly certain is the only movie theater in Waco. We step up to the ticket window and I ask the lady for one ticket to 500 Days of Summer. She asks me if I have a student ID. I say no, because I had left it at home. She then asks if I'm a student anywhere. I say yes, I'm a Baylor student but I don't have my ID. She proceeds to give me the student discount of a $5 ticket and reminds me to bring my ID next time. So nice! This would have never happened to me in Minneapolis. In fact I tried the very same thing at a Twins game a week ago, and no dice.
Clue number two (or is it three?) that Waco is indeed different from Minneapolis, I checked the regular ticket price at the movie theater before I headed in--$7. That's right folks, you now have a reason to visit Waco if for nothing more than taking advantage of movie ticket prices that are $2-3 dollars cheaper than the movie theaters around the Twin Cities.
Also, I stopped in at my local grocer today. Could not find any good hummus or fresh salsa. I found the lack of good salsa especially strange being that I am now located so much closer to Mexico and there seemed to be plenty of other Mexican products available. Perhaps they are holding out on me. I will have to discover the secrets of where they are keeping the good salsa. I'm sure it is here somewhere.
Also, my parents were here today. It was so nice of them to drive my car down from Minnesota. It was really great to see them and show them where I live. We also got to experience Whataburger and Chick-fil-a together. These are two new restaurants that I have discovered living here in Texas. They are both quite tasty and a nice change from McDonalds. I will throw them out there as another reason to visit Waco. I think my parents enjoyed their visit. You can ask them if you run into them. I was definitely sad to see them go. I had thought that after being in Waco for 5 days that I was done crying about leaving the people I love behind in MN. Apparently not. For those of you I've left behind. You are missed. Know that I carry you in my heart and think of you often. Please let me know if you feel the same.
3 comments:
hey the comments work!
i'm glad to see you're starting to adjust, and indeed you are missed.
Oh my gosh! It never occurred to me that you had not yet experienced Chik-fil-a or Whataburger! I'm glad you're making friends and seeing bright, bright spots in your experience :)
ahhhhhhhh, you fixed it!!!!
Post a Comment